Tuesday, December 10, 2013

In December....


| The Christmas spirit grows with each new day, and i'll never outgrow the thrill of Christmas Day |

Dear Sensible Reader, despite everything that has happened during the time span of my grandma's passing on Thanksgiving Day to now I wouldn't have it any other way. How ironic and strange it is that my grandma passed away on a day to celebrate family. Family over everything. I don't think I can ever remember Thanksgiving the same again. Death teaches you a lot and I know that it's taught me having been witnessing it over the years growing up with the passing of family and friends that have surrounded me in my life. It makes you realize how important it is to cherish one another, especially your loved ones and not let anything get in the way of family. It also teaches you to always remind someone whom is important to you that you love them and just love one another despite differences because you never know when you'll ever get to physically see or hold them again. It is always the do now, never later. Their physical existence vanishes in an instant and chances are, the moment you realize they aren't living, the thought of you still existing in this world makes you appreciate life's chaos. When I first heard about my grandma's passing, it didn't come clear to me at first because it felt so unreal. The thought filled me with sadness also staring at my Father's reaction to not only losing his dad but now, his mom too. I can't even grasp the thought of losing both of your parents. At firsthand, I couldn't help but think back to the memories I had with my grandma when I was a child. In some or most of my childhood growing up she took care of my older siblings and I. Even when my family and I had lived so very close by, she offered to babysit us. She always felt the need to give and her acts of kindness every day seemed too simple for her that she always felt it wasn't enough. If it's one memory that won't ever leave my mind and sight is my grandma's will to be selfless. I'll always remember how during that time when my grandpa was still alive, she'd never hesitate to ask my grandpa for small allowance for my siblings and I. Even with how much little she and my grandpa had, she never ever hesitated to give what she only had. It's so sudden that she had to leave so soon but I can't thank her enough for her generosity, care and love she had given to each of her children including my dad. I can't thank her enough for teaching me this. I love you Nanay. 
The scent of Douglas Fir


Christmas Tree Hunting w/ my Dad


On a much positive note, I'm currently multi-tasking between a Grace Kelly documentary, going over my Christmas list for people, and brainstorming creative ideas for Christmas gift wrapping and holiday DIY projects. Lately, I've been constantly thinking of new projects/ ideas while continuing to listen to Christmas music and drinking only tea or coffee. I've also been pen-pal-ing and getting some snail mail in just to get my thoughts running. Writing can feel so refreshing especially writing to those far. I find seeing someone's handwriting more meaningful because you get to read what they're thinking on paper. Once Thanksgiving ends, then comes Black Friday and the holiday rush begins. (Note: I survived another year of working Black Friday) which I am thankful for. About two days after Thanksgiving (December 1st) I helped my dad search for the perfect Christmas Tree. It took about two stops to finally find a tree. During this time of the year, I feel so much spirit and love for the holidays despite of how cold it's been. I can't wait to start my newest fav- Christmas Card Making. Just about 6 more days 'til my small trip to LA with the bf! 

An array of gifts I received during the holiday month (via instagram: @luxmobehave) :
1) Vogue Italia November Issue & Stratta Chocolate from Turin, Italy from a good friend of mine.
2) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania postcard from my brother.
3) Etsy Vintage find- My newest Cole Haan Tassel Loafers added to my collection!




Happy Holidays! More Christmas DIY/ Gifting up soon. XX, Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment