Saturday, January 25, 2014

New Year, New Stories

DESIGN | CONCEPT | REALIZATION 

Dear Sensible Reader (s), while it is national handwriting day I'm starting off by celebrating with a new blog post of the year. Greetings! Since last month of December, I've been extremely busy with the holidays which meant I had a ton of work load to do. Naturally, I feel bad when I neglect the things I enjoy doing like writing on here, especially, so I apologize in advance that I have neglected you. But not to worry, I have a plethora of pictures of that I had taken over winter break 2013, beginning with my mini vacation trip to the city of angels. I cannot believe it's already almost the end of the month of January 2014. I'm quite certain that time flies when your having fun. I'm experiencing Christmas withdrawals. Now that it's the new year with more new memories in the making, I'm hoping for some change in my daily notions. I try to avoid sappy new years resolutions (not that I'm against it or anything) just because I have a stronger belief now than I did before about taking action every day instead of announcing to the world a list of all sorts of worn out possibilities. I've learned that doing is actually better than just saying what you want. There's not much to lose. It solely begins with yourself and only yourself. I remember when I used to be the one shouting new years resolutions aloud and instead, I resulted to nothing. Mistakes aren't permanent, but they're also inevitable. There are many things that we cannot control like promises and expectations. It is in my desire to inspire you with my imperfections.

instagram: luxmobehave


Update: Book Traveling

I have relationships with my books. There is a newly inspired concept I created while snail mailing and drinking loads of coffee. I've executed a plan to start my very own book club. I chose to share the new page smell with a close audience. It wasn't until the end of last year that I created some well kept self-philosophies. Believe me when I say, Read for your own good. Ever since I was a little girl, I remember being so young not attending school yet. And because I was Curious-to-the-bone, someone would  be able to find me reading in a small corner in my house. I think I began to to pick up reading at such a young age while teaching myself to pronounce and enunciate difficult words. I soon realized that all words have either similar or different sounds. Slowly, and yet rapidly I read words and full sentences in my head. At this point, these letters were more than just words; they had meaning. In a matter of time, I began to enjoy reading more and more. I don't think it was ever difficult for my parents to force me into reading as a child unlike most children my age who disliked reading. Come to think about it, I've met a majority of teenagers and adults in my life who also dislike reading. The problem here is, books tend to be judged based on their covers like people vs. strangers. Sometimes we all need to get out of our comfort zones and dive straight into the wild. The first book I opened is Gone With The Wind by, Margaret Mitchell. It wasn't until later in my adolescence that the book was assigned to me but this time in high school. I firmly believe that feeding one's knowledge on stories of the universe can be quite captivating. So, Book Traveling is based on a circle of readers or shall I say "penpal-ship" via mail. Instead of just writing letters (snail mail)  to each other back and forth, I created a way of sharing my library with loved ones near or far. That way, more folks could enjoy reading and communicate the old-fashion way. Are you ready?


How It Works:

1)  I choose a random book to send to a fellow pen pal. (I'm a sucker for packaging so expect cute packaging)
2)  Once they receieve it, this person has a certain time frame. Realistically, a whole month is given to to each person receiving book so this should be enough time to catch up. If not, that's okay. It just means you didn't like the book! 
3)  After he/she is finished reading the book, they either have the options of returning the book back to me via mail or recruiting another book enthusiast aboard of my book club. 
4)  The cycle of sending new books starts over again! 


Well Sensible Reader (s), Book Traveling is a way of communicating and sharing stories to one another especially to those who read for pleasure or not. There are tons of tiny stories in pages with hidden messages that some might not be aware of. The stories surround us tremendously and this idea could give others a chance to read more often and as well as learn something new each time. Good luck!

xxxx, MO

For contact/inquiries: 
V I A // F A C E B O O K | M E S S A G E: https://www.facebook.com/luxmobehaave




No comments:

Post a Comment